Andover Business - Alpers Fine Arts
Alpers Fine Arts, an art gallery owned and operated by Peter Alpers, was originally located at the corner of Main Street and Post Office Avenue in Andover. It closed in January 2009 after being open for seven years. At that time, Alpers partnered with Lowell resident Virginia Peck and created a "pop-up" art gallery that they could bring from one location to another.
In September 2013, Alpers Fine Art reopened their gallery at 96 Main Street, the former location of Lorica Artworks.
Alpers original location on Main Street currently houses the UndercoverWear Lingerie Boutique.
- "Six Andover establishments named 'Best of Boston'," The Andover Townsman, August 3, 2006.
- "Gallery gone, but he's still connected," Andover Townsman, January 8, 2009.
- "Challenging times downtown," The Andover Townsman, January 8, 2009.
- "Leaders look to downtown," The Andover Townsman, February 12, 2009.
- "Former gallery owner Peter Alpers," The Andover Townsman, March 24, 2011.
- "Alpers opens gallery for holiday season," The Andover Townsman, December 2, 2011, p. 18.
- "A 'perfect' return for Alpers Fine Art," Andover Townsman, September 5, 2013, p. 14.
back to Main Page