Andover Business - Gillette
Gillette is a Boston-based company that specializes in the creation and sale of personal grooming and hygiene products. One of the facilities owned by the company is located in Andover. In 2005, the job security of Andover employees was uncertain because of complications that came about while Gillette was being acquired by Procter & Gamble Co. It was announced in 2008 that about 1,200 people at the Devens plant in Ayer, MA would lose their jobs as manufacturing processes moved to plant locations in Andover and Mexico. This created about 55 jobs in Andover at the Burtt Road facility.
- "No plans to close plant in Andover", The Eagle Tribune, January 28, 2005.
- "Regulators may force sale of brands", The Eagle Tribune, February 1, 2005.
- "Effect on Andover plant might not be known for months", The Andover Townsman, February 3, 2005.
- "Gillette profits rise", The Eagle Tribune, February 4, 2005.
- "Focus on Gillette", The Eagle Tribune, February 9, 2005.
- "Judge orders Gillette to turn over e-mails", The Eagle Tribune, May 20, 2005.
- "Sweating it out", The Eagle Tribune, August 9, 2005.
- "New boss to shave work force", The Eagle Tribune, October 4, 2005.
- "Gillette move leads to 1,200 jobs lost", The Eagle Tribune, August 7, 2008.
back to Main Page
--Jen 15:17, September 16, 2010 (EST)