Andover Business - Simeone Pharmacy
- William F. Simeone opened Simeone Pharmacy on 2 Main Street in October 1933.
- 50 years later he was still running the pharmacy along with his son, Bill, Jr.
William Senior's father had operated a small business at the same location since 1907. The store sold fruit and penny candy before it became an ice cream parlor. He built a new building at the site in 1932.
- Simeone Pharmacy closed in 1994. Part of it joined with Metabolic Health which was located on Elm Street across from the Andover Spa. The pharmacy records were sold to CVS.
- Alper's Fine Arts moved into part of the 2 Main Street building.
- A golden Jubilee on Main Steet. (photo) Andover Townsman October 6, 1983, p. 31,32.
--Leslie 11:46, April 27, 2012 (EDT)
back to Main Page