Andover Historic Houses - Almshouse

From Andover Answers
Jump to: navigation, search

Burnham Road was once called Alms Street because it ran past the poor house. The name changed about 1899 when George L. Burnham, superintendant of the Almshouse lived there.


  • Andover Historical Building Survey, Volume 3 (63 Burnham Road)(66 Burnham Road).

--Eleanor 15:16, November 21, 2008 (EST)

back to Main Page