The Brown Jug on Lowell Street was a log cabin style restuarant with a juke box and fireplace. Sisters Peggy Wood and Cleo Trott opened it in 1952. Formerly known as Duck Inn, the Brown Jug closed in 1956.
- "Arrested drove themselves to station after infamous rumble," Andover Townsman, August 30, 2007, p. 32.
Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996 by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric), page 216.
--Glenda 10:28, November 30, 2006 (EST)
back to Main Page