Camp Maude Eaton
"A Girl Scout Council was formed in Lawrence in 1919 and Andover troops worked out of the organization. In 1920 the City Missionary of Boston opened Camp Andover for city children, at the north end of Pomps Pond, on Foster family land. In 1940 the Girl Scout Council of Greater Lawrence established Camp Maude Eaton, named after on of the council's founders."
Andover : A Century of Change, 1896-1996 by Eleanor Motley Richardson, p. 56, 974.45 Ric
--Eleanor 09:32, September 16, 2008 (EDT)
back to Main Page