Andover Musicians and Musical Groups - Piebald
From Andover Answers
Revision as of 18:16, 5 January 2012 by Eleanor
- Members of the Piebald band met in high school. The one-time garage band composed of Travis Shettel(guitar, vocals), Aaron Stuart(Guitar), Andrew Bonner (bass), and Lucian (Luke) Garro(drums) dominated the 1990’s indie band club scene and played to local audiences. Their first gig, a “Battle of the Bands” in 1994 is chronicled on Barely Legal/All Ages, a 2 CD set.
- When Life Hands You Lemons, recorded in 1997, was considered to be their best music yet and showcased their signature sound and wry jokes.
- By 2002 they had moved to Los Angeles, were touring the country, and had released the CD We Are the Only Friends We Have, their most popular album to date. They were praised as the next big “emo” band, though they rejected the label and preferred to say they played “melodic rock with a sense of humor.”
- The band returned to Andover for a show with Apollo Sunshine as their opening act. They also made their first video for the song Just a Simple Plan and a second video for American Hearts which was played in Australia.
- They broke the 20,000 mark in albums sold and played more than 200 shows in the US and Europe.
- The band split up with their last show on April 19, 2008 in Cambridge MA at the Middle East Underground, but then reunited at the Bamboozle music festivals in Anaheim, California and in East Rutherford, New Jersey in 2010.
- Piebald's final release was a live DVD/Documentary called Nobody’s Robots: Farewell to Piebald.
- Piebald. *Piebald(Band) Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikipedia Foundation, Inc. 8 November 2011 (includes portrait and 2007 interview)
- Andover's Piebald Revels in Rock Music Success. Eagle Tribune,7/4/2002, pages 15,16.
- A Tiumphant Return. Andover Townsman,12/19/2002, page 19.
- Piebald Doesn't Disappoint its Energetic Faithful at Old Town Hall Performance. Andover Townsman, 12/26/2002, page 15.
--Leslie 13:51, November 9, 2011 (EST)
back to Main Page