Difference between pages "Fire Department / Fire Stations" and "Greater Lawrence Regional Vocational Technical High School"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
'''1829''' - An engine house was built for the Friendly Fire Service, a private company.
+
Greater Lawerence Regional Vocational Technical High School
  
See
+
57 River Road, Andover, MA 01810
*[http://134.241.121.91/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1156362NN32W4.175&profile=main&source=~!comres&view=subscriptionsummary&uri=full=3100001~!314~!1&ri=3&aspect=basic_search&menu=search&ipp=20&spp=20&staffonly=&term=andover+historical+society&index=.GW&uindex=&aspe#focus Andover Historical Society]<br style="clear:both;" />
+
  
 +
The school was charter in 1963 and opened in September, 1965.
  
'''1833''' - Town Meeting voted the sum of $365 to build an engine house on Essex Street.
+
Students attend from Andover, North Andover, Methuen, and Lawrence.
  
'''1862''' - The Friendly Fire Society was renamed the Shawsheen Steam Fire Engine Company.
+
The name was shortened to Greater Lawrence Technical High School.
  
'''1895''' - The Ballardvale Station was relocated to the corner of Andover Street and Clark Road.
+
[http://www.glts.tec.ma.us/]
  
 
See
 
See
*[http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1VO23D1142234.6117&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&term=&index=.GW&aspect=subtab783&term=&index=.AW&term=andover+a+century+of+change&index=.ET&term=&index=.SW&x=0&y=0#focus ''Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996''] by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric), page 194.
+
* [http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1VO23D1142234.6117&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&term=&index=.GW&aspect=subtab783&term=&index=.AW&term=andover+a+century+of+change&index=.ET&term=&index=.SW&x=0&y=0#focus ''Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996''] by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric)
  
  
'''1924''' - Andover established a Fire Department with Charles Emerson appointed as the first Fire Chief.  By then "horses had become a thing of the past."
 
  
See
+
--[[User:Glenda|Glenda]] 12:01, September 21, 2006 (EDT)
* "1924," [http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1147N9A0874F1.34424&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=1&source=%7E%21horizon&index=.ET&term=andover+what+it+was&aspect=subtab783#focus Andover, What It Was, What It Is: 300th Anniversary, May 30 - June 2, 1946], (974.45 And)
+
 
+
 
+
'''1966''' - A new fire station was built in West Andover on Chandler Road.
+
 
+
See
+
*[http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1VO23D1142234.6117&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&term=&index=.GW&aspect=subtab783&term=&index=.AW&term=andover+a+century+of+change&index=.ET&term=&index=.SW&x=0&y=0#focus ''Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996''] by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric), page 194.
+
 
+
 
+
'''2002''' - In September Main Street Fire Station was razed and construction was begun on  a new public safety center to house both fire and police.  The police station was completed first.  Construction on the Fire Station actually began in May 2003 and completed in July of 2004.
+
 
+
See
+
*Eagle Tribune, September 17, 2002
+
*"Town: Another Year for the Safety Center," Andover Townsman, May 8, 2003, page 1
+
*"Public Safety Center: Complex Complete This Week," Andover Townsman, July 1, 2004, page 1
+
 
+
'''2006''' -  There are three fire stations in Andover:
+
* Central Headquarters at 32 Main Street
+
* West Fire Substation at 200 Greenwood Road
+
* Ballardvale Fire Substation at 1 Clark Road
+
 
+
See
+
*  [http://http://www.andoverps.net/FireMenu.htm Andover Fire Rescue]
+
 
+
 
+
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 15:34, August 23, 2006 (EDT)
+
  
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
 
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 

Revision as of 12:07, 21 September 2006

Greater Lawerence Regional Vocational Technical High School

57 River Road, Andover, MA 01810

The school was charter in 1963 and opened in September, 1965.

Students attend from Andover, North Andover, Methuen, and Lawrence.

The name was shortened to Greater Lawrence Technical High School.

[1]

See


--Glenda 12:01, September 21, 2006 (EDT)

back to Main Page