Difference between pages "Fire Department / Fire Stations" and "Ballardvale Historic District Commission"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
'''1829''' - An engine house was built for the Friendly Fire Service, a private company.
+
The Ballardvale Historic District Commission established by the town in 1995 to preserve Ballardvale. According to Chapter 40C of the Massachusetts General Laws, its mission is to:
 +
*To preserve and protect the distinctive characteristics of the buildings and places significant to the history of the Commonwealth’s cities and towns.
 +
*To maintain and improve the settings of those buildings and places.
 +
*To encourage compatibility with existing buildings when new buildings are planned within the district."
  
See
+
The regulations for changes to buildings in Ballardvale are clearly defined in the *Rules Regulations and Procedures of BVHDC".
*[http://134.241.121.91/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1156362NN32W4.175&profile=main&source=~!comres&view=subscriptionsummary&uri=full=3100001~!314~!1&ri=3&aspect=basic_search&menu=search&ipp=20&spp=20&staffonly=&term=andover+historical+society&index=.GW&uindex=&aspe#focus Andover Historical Society]<br style="clear:both;" />
+
 
+
 
+
'''1833''' - Town Meeting voted the sum of $365 to build an engine house on Essex Street.
+
 
+
'''1862''' - The Friendly Fire Society was renamed the Shawsheen Steam Fire Engine Company.
+
 
+
'''1895''' - The Ballardvale Station was relocated to the corner of Andover Street and Clark Road.
+
  
 
See
 
See
*[http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1VO23D1142234.6117&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&term=&index=.GW&aspect=subtab783&term=&index=.AW&term=andover+a+century+of+change&index=.ET&term=&index=.SW&x=0&y=0#focus ''Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996''] by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric), page 194.
 
 
 
'''1924''' - Andover established a Fire Department with Charles Emerson appointed as the first Fire Chief.  By then "horses had become a thing of the past."
 
 
See
 
* "1924," [http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1147N9A0874F1.34424&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=1&source=%7E%21horizon&index=.ET&term=andover+what+it+was&aspect=subtab783#focus Andover, What It Was, What It Is: 300th Anniversary, May 30 - June 2, 1946], (974.45 And)
 
 
 
'''1966''' - A new fire station was built in West Andover on Chandler Road.
 
 
See
 
*[http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1VO23D1142234.6117&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&term=&index=.GW&aspect=subtab783&term=&index=.AW&term=andover+a+century+of+change&index=.ET&term=&index=.SW&x=0&y=0#focus ''Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996''] by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric), page 194.
 
 
 
'''2002''' - In September Main Street Fire Station was razed and construction was begun on  a new public safety center to house both fire and police.  The police station was completed first.  Construction on the Fire Station actually began in May 2003 and completed in July of 2004.
 
 
See
 
*Eagle Tribune, September 17, 2002
 
*"Town: Another Year for the Safety Center," Andover Townsman, May 8, 2003, page 1
 
*"Public Safety Center: Complex Complete This Week," Andover Townsman, July 1, 2004, page 1
 
 
'''2006''' -  There are three fire stations in Andover:
 
* Central Headquarters at 32 Main Street
 
* West Fire Substation at 200 Greenwood Road
 
* Ballardvale Fire Substation at 1 Clark Road
 
 
See
 
*  [http://http://www.andoverps.net/FireMenu.htm Andover Fire Rescue]
 
 
  
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 15:34, August 23, 2006 (EDT)
+
    History of Ballardvale Andover Room R 974.45 His
 +
    Ballard Historic District Commission (BVHDC)
 +
    Rules, Regulations and Procedures of BVHDC
 +
    "Ringing Out the Old" Townsman, January 1 ,2004
  
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
  
 +
--Eleanor 15:22, March 14, 2006 (EST)
  
 +
--Eleanor (talk) 15:23, 5 March 2015 (EST)
  
<br style="clear:both;" />
+
back to Main Page

Revision as of 16:31, 5 March 2015

The Ballardvale Historic District Commission established by the town in 1995 to preserve Ballardvale. According to Chapter 40C of the Massachusetts General Laws, its mission is to:

  • To preserve and protect the distinctive characteristics of the buildings and places significant to the history of the Commonwealth’s cities and towns.
  • To maintain and improve the settings of those buildings and places.
  • To encourage compatibility with existing buildings when new buildings are planned within the district."

The regulations for changes to buildings in Ballardvale are clearly defined in the *Rules Regulations and Procedures of BVHDC".

See

   History of Ballardvale Andover Room R 974.45 His
   Ballard Historic District Commission (BVHDC)
   Rules, Regulations and Procedures of BVHDC
   "Ringing Out the Old" Townsman, January 1 ,2004


--Eleanor 15:22, March 14, 2006 (EST)

--Eleanor (talk) 15:23, 5 March 2015 (EST)

back to Main Page