Difference between pages "Fox, Michael J." and "Fire Department / Fire Stations"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Michael J. Fox has Parkinson's Disease. In 1998, surgery was performed at Holy Family Hospital, Methuen, MA by Andover neurosurgeon, Bruce R. Cook.
+
'''1829''' - An engine house was built for the Friendly Fire Service, a private company.
  
 
See
 
See
*''Eagle Tribune'', 11-26-98, p.1
+
*[http://134.241.121.91/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1156362NN32W4.175&profile=main&source=~!comres&view=subscriptionsummary&uri=full=3100001~!314~!1&ri=3&aspect=basic_search&menu=search&ipp=20&spp=20&staffonly=&term=andover+historical+society&index=.GW&uindex=&aspe#focus Andover Historical Society]<br style="clear:both;" />
  
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
  
<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
+
'''1833''' - Town Meeting voted the sum of $365 to build an engine house on Essex Street.
 +
 
 +
'''1862''' - The Friendly Fire Society was renamed the Shawsheen Steam Fire Engine Company.
 +
 
 +
'''1895''' - The Ballardvale Station was relocated to the corner of Andover Street and Clark Road.
 +
 
 +
See
 +
*[http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1VO23D1142234.6117&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&term=&index=.GW&aspect=subtab783&term=&index=.AW&term=andover+a+century+of+change&index=.ET&term=&index=.SW&x=0&y=0#focus ''Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996''] by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric), page 194.
 +
 
 +
 
 +
'''1924''' - Andover established a Fire Department with Charles Emerson appointed as the first Fire Chief.  By then "horses had become a thing of the past."
 +
 
 +
See
 +
* "1924," [http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1147N9A0874F1.34424&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=1&source=%7E%21horizon&index=.ET&term=andover+what+it+was&aspect=subtab783#focus Andover, What It Was, What It Is: 300th Anniversary, May 30 - June 2, 1946], (974.45 And)
 +
 
 +
 
 +
'''1966''' - A new fire station was built in West Andover on Chandler Road.
 +
 
 +
See
 +
*[http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1VO23D1142234.6117&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&term=&index=.GW&aspect=subtab783&term=&index=.AW&term=andover+a+century+of+change&index=.ET&term=&index=.SW&x=0&y=0#focus ''Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996''] by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric), page 194.
 +
 
 +
 
 +
'''2002''' - In September Main Street Fire Station was razed and construction was begun on  a new public safety center to house both fire and police.  The police station was completed first.
 +
 
 +
See
 +
*Eagle Tribune, September 17, 2002
 +
 
 +
'''2003''' - Construction on the Fire Station actually began in May 2003 and completed in July of 2004.
 +
 
 +
See
 +
*"Town: Another Year for the Safety Center," Andover Townsman, May 8, 2003, page 1
 +
 
 +
'''2004''' - The fire station was completed in July 2004
 +
 
 +
See
 +
*"Public Safety Center: Complex Complete This Week," Andover Townsman, July 1, 2004, page 1
 +
 
 +
'''2006''' -  There are three fire stations in Andover:
 +
* Central Headquarters at 32 Main Street
 +
* West Fire Substation at 200 Greenwood Road
 +
* Ballardvale Fire Substation at 1 Clark Road
 +
 
 +
See
 +
*  [http://http://www.andoverps.net/FireMenu.htm Andover Fire Rescue]
 +
 
 +
 
 +
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 15:34, August 23, 2006 (EDT)
  
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 +
 +
 +
 +
<br style="clear:both;" />

Revision as of 21:33, 28 December 2006

1829 - An engine house was built for the Friendly Fire Service, a private company.

See


1833 - Town Meeting voted the sum of $365 to build an engine house on Essex Street.

1862 - The Friendly Fire Society was renamed the Shawsheen Steam Fire Engine Company.

1895 - The Ballardvale Station was relocated to the corner of Andover Street and Clark Road.

See


1924 - Andover established a Fire Department with Charles Emerson appointed as the first Fire Chief. By then "horses had become a thing of the past."

See


1966 - A new fire station was built in West Andover on Chandler Road.

See


2002 - In September Main Street Fire Station was razed and construction was begun on a new public safety center to house both fire and police. The police station was completed first.

See

  • Eagle Tribune, September 17, 2002

2003 - Construction on the Fire Station actually began in May 2003 and completed in July of 2004.

See

  • "Town: Another Year for the Safety Center," Andover Townsman, May 8, 2003, page 1

2004 - The fire station was completed in July 2004

See

  • "Public Safety Center: Complex Complete This Week," Andover Townsman, July 1, 2004, page 1

2006 - There are three fire stations in Andover:

  • Central Headquarters at 32 Main Street
  • West Fire Substation at 200 Greenwood Road
  • Ballardvale Fire Substation at 1 Clark Road

See


--Eleanor 15:34, August 23, 2006 (EDT)

back to Main Page