Difference between revisions of "William Jenkins House"

From Andover Answers
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
 
The William Jenkins House, located at 8 Douglass Street (formerly Jenkins Road), was built 10 years before the Revolution by William's grandfather, Samuel Jenkins.  It was a stop on the "Underground Railroad."
 
The William Jenkins House, located at 8 Douglass Street (formerly Jenkins Road), was built 10 years before the Revolution by William's grandfather, Samuel Jenkins.  It was a stop on the "Underground Railroad."
 +
 
   
 
   
 
**"The William Jenkins House,"  [http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rresult.xml?rt=title&tp=title&t=townswoman%27s%20andover&ft=&l=1&d=0&f= ''The Townswoman's Andover''] by Bessie Goldsmith (974.45 Gol), p. 20.
 
**"The William Jenkins House,"  [http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rresult.xml?rt=title&tp=title&t=townswoman%27s%20andover&ft=&l=1&d=0&f= ''The Townswoman's Andover''] by Bessie Goldsmith (974.45 Gol), p. 20.
**"Andover’s Home was but one Stop on the Underground Railroad," Andover Townsman 10/26/2000 (This article is found in the Andover Vertical File under Underground Railroad).
+
**"Andover’s Home was but one Stop on the Underground Railroad," ''Andover Townsman'', 10/26/2000 (This article can be found in the Andover Vertical File under Underground Railroad).
 
**[http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rresult.xml?rt=keyword&tp=keyword&t=andover%20symbol%20of%20new%20england%20fuess&ft=&l=1&d=0&f=&av= “Andover: Symbol of New England”] by Claude Fuess, (974.45 Fuess), p. 314.
 
**[http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rresult.xml?rt=keyword&tp=keyword&t=andover%20symbol%20of%20new%20england%20fuess&ft=&l=1&d=0&f=&av= “Andover: Symbol of New England”] by Claude Fuess, (974.45 Fuess), p. 314.
**"Jenkins House Station for Escaping Slaves," Andover Townsman, March 22, 1956 (This article can be found in the Jenkins Family File).
+
**"Jenkins House Station for Escaping Slaves," ''Andover Townsman'', March 22, 1956 (This article can be found in the Jenkins Family File).
  
 
[[Image:William_Jenkins_House.jpg|thumb|...''The William Jenkins House''.... click to enlarge|left]]
 
[[Image:William_Jenkins_House.jpg|thumb|...''The William Jenkins House''.... click to enlarge|left]]

Revision as of 19:20, 2 November 2011

The William Jenkins House, located at 8 Douglass Street (formerly Jenkins Road), was built 10 years before the Revolution by William's grandfather, Samuel Jenkins. It was a stop on the "Underground Railroad."


    • "The William Jenkins House," The Townswoman's Andover by Bessie Goldsmith (974.45 Gol), p. 20.
    • "Andover’s Home was but one Stop on the Underground Railroad," Andover Townsman, 10/26/2000 (This article can be found in the Andover Vertical File under Underground Railroad).
    • “Andover: Symbol of New England” by Claude Fuess, (974.45 Fuess), p. 314.
    • "Jenkins House Station for Escaping Slaves," Andover Townsman, March 22, 1956 (This article can be found in the Jenkins Family File).
...The William Jenkins House.... click to enlarge
...The William Jenkins House Narrative, Part 1.... click to enlarge
...The William Jenkins House Narrative, Part 2.... click to enlarge


--Kim 19:16, November 2, 2011 (EDT) back to Main Page