William Jenkins House

From Andover Answers
Revision as of 19:16, 2 November 2011 by Kim (Talk)

Jump to: navigation, search

The William Jenkins House was built 10 years before the Revolution by William's grandfather, Samuel Jenkins. It was a stop on the "Underground Railroad."

    • The house is located at 8 Douglass Street (formerly Jenkins Road).
    • "The William Jenkins House," The Townswoman's Andover by Bessie Goldsmith (974.45 Gol), p. 20.
    • "Andover’s Home was but one Stop on the Underground Railroad," Andover Townsman 10/26/2000 (This article is found in the Andover Vertical File under Underground Railroad).
    • “Andover: Symbol of New England” by Claude Fuess, (974.45 Fuess), p. 314.
    • "Jenkins House Station for Escaping Slaves," Andover Townsman, March 22, 1956 (This Article can be found in the Jenkins Family File).
...The William Jenkins House.... click to enlarge
...The William Jenkins House Narrative, Part 1.... click to enlarge
...The William Jenkins House Narrative, Part 2.... click to enlarge

--Kim 19:16, November 2, 2011 (EDT) back to Main Page