William Jenkins House
From Andover Answers
Revision as of 19:20, 2 November 2011 by Kim
The William Jenkins House, located at 8 Douglass Street (formerly Jenkins Road), was built 10 years before the Revolution by William's grandfather, Samuel Jenkins. It was a stop on the "Underground Railroad."
- "The William Jenkins House," The Townswoman's Andover by Bessie Goldsmith (974.45 Gol), p. 20.
- "Andover’s Home was but one Stop on the Underground Railroad," Andover Townsman, 10/26/2000 (This article can be found in the Andover Vertical File under Underground Railroad).
- “Andover: Symbol of New England” by Claude Fuess, (974.45 Fuess), p. 314.
- "Jenkins House Station for Escaping Slaves," Andover Townsman, March 22, 1956 (This article can be found in the Jenkins Family File).