William Jenkins House

From Andover Answers
Revision as of 11:44, 28 July 2014 by Kim (Talk)

Jump to: navigation, search

The William Jenkins House, located at 8 Douglass Street (formerly Jenkins Road), was built 10 years before the Revolution by William's grandfather, Samuel Jenkins. It was a stop on the "Underground Railroad."

See

  • "The William Jenkins House," The Townswoman's Andover by Bessie Goldsmith (974.45 Gol), p. 20.
  • "Andover’s Home was but one Stop on the Underground Railroad," Andover Townsman, 10/26/2000.
  • “Andover: Symbol of New England” by Claude Fuess, (974.45 Fuess), p. 314.
  • "Jenkins House Station for Escaping Slaves," Andover Townsman, March 22, 1956.
...Andover home was but one stop on the Underground Railroad from the Andover Townsman.... click to enlarge
...The William Jenkins House.... click to enlarge
...The William Jenkins House Narrative, Part 1.... click to enlarge
...The William Jenkins House Narrative, Part 2.... click to enlarge
...Fair and Warmer Newsletter, page 1, April 1928.... click to enlarge
...Fair and Warmer Newsletter, page 4, April 1928.... click to enlarge



--Kim 19:16, November 2, 2011 (EDT) back to Main Page