Difference between pages "Haggett's Pond" and "Faith Lutheran Church"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The 217.6 acre pond is located in West Andover along Rt. 133, Lowell Street.  It was known in the 1600s as Blanchard's Pond until 1720 when Moses Hagget bought the area around the pond.
+
Faith Lutheran Church on South Main Street dedicated its addition on Sunday, September 30, 2012The church opened in January, 1967.
In 1886, the town voted to spend $10,000 to make Rabbit Pond available for fire protection and installed 16 hydrants while another committee was formed to create pumping for water from Haggett's PondIn 1974 a new treatment plant was built and expanded in 1991. The building was named the Robert E. McQuade Water Treatment Plant after the long time Public Works director.
+
  
See  
+
See
 +
* "Allelujah... addition done!", ''Andover Townsman'', October 4, 2012.
 +
*"Faith at 50: Lutheran church thrives in service to others," ''Andover Townsman'', September 26, 2013, p. 1.
  
*[http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=103693&t=historical%20sketches%20of%20andover&tp=keyword&d=0&hc=8&rt=keywords ''Historical Sketches of Andover''] by Sarah Loring Bailey, (974.45 Bai)pages 123-124.
+
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
*[http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=487303&t=ANDOVER%20CENTURY%20OF%20CHANGE&tp=keyword&d=0&hc=3&rt=keyword  ''Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996''] by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric)pages 195-196.
+
--[[User:Kim|Kim]] 15:23, October 15, 2012 (EDT)<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
 
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
--[[User:Glenda|Glenda]] 12:18, October 6, 2006 (EDT)<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
+
  
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 17:26, 26 September 2013

Faith Lutheran Church on South Main Street dedicated its addition on Sunday, September 30, 2012. The church opened in January, 1967.

See

  • "Allelujah... addition done!", Andover Townsman, October 4, 2012.
  • "Faith at 50: Lutheran church thrives in service to others," Andover Townsman, September 26, 2013, p. 1.


--Kim 15:23, October 15, 2012 (EDT)

back to Main Page