Difference between pages "Franklin Academy" and "Faith Lutheran Church"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The North Parish Free School was incorporated in 1801 as a privately endowed school. The building was located on a hill north of the meeting house on a road in the North Parish now known as Academy Road.  In 1803, the name was changed to Franklin Academy.  The Academy was the first school in Massachusetts to admit girls. In 1853, the end came for the school as more public schools were available.
+
Faith Lutheran Church on South Main Street dedicated its addition on Sunday, September 30, 2012.  The church opened in January, 1967.
  
 
See
 
See
 
+
* "Allelujah... addition done!", ''Andover Townsman'', October 4, 2012.
*"Three prestigious Andover schools become one," ''Andover Townsman'', December 20, 2012, page 10.
+
*"Faith at 50: Lutheran church thrives in service to others," ''Andover Townsman'', September 26, 2013, p. 1.
*[http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=250279&t=andover%20symbol%20of%20new%20england&tp=title&l=6&d=0&hc=1&at=420&rt=title ''Andover Symbol of New England''] by Claude 975.45 Fuess, pages 224-226.
+
 
+
 
+
  
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
+
--[[User:Kim|Kim]] 15:23, October 15, 2012 (EDT)<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
  
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 17:26, 26 September 2013

Faith Lutheran Church on South Main Street dedicated its addition on Sunday, September 30, 2012. The church opened in January, 1967.

See

  • "Allelujah... addition done!", Andover Townsman, October 4, 2012.
  • "Faith at 50: Lutheran church thrives in service to others," Andover Townsman, September 26, 2013, p. 1.


--Kim 15:23, October 15, 2012 (EDT)

back to Main Page