Difference between pages "Franklin Academy" and "West Parish (Church)"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The North Parish Free School was incorporated in 1801 as a privately endowed school. The building was located on a hill north of the meeting house on a road in the North Parish now known as Academy RoadIn 1803, the name was changed to Franklin Academy. The Academy was the first school in Massachusetts to admit girls. In 1853, the end came for the school as more public schools were available.
+
West Parish is a United Church of Christ church. It served as the town's meetinghouse in the 1800sRev. Esther Rendon-Thompson was hired in 2002. Rev. Thomas McMillan became the senior minister in 2004.
  
 
See
 
See
[http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1169P2029LD12.6746&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&term=&index=.GW&aspect=subtab783&term=&index=.AW&term=andover+symbol+of+new+england&index=.ET&term=&index=.SW&x=0&y=0#focus “Andover:Symbol of New England”] by Claude Fuess, (974.45 Fuess)pages 224-226.
 
  
 +
*[http://www.westparishchurch.org West Parish Church of Andover]
 +
 +
*"A new style comes to this Andover pulpit," ''Andover Townsman'', April 11, 2002.
 +
*"Full circle for church tree: After 2-year journey, West Parish gets it back, as a new table," ''Andover Townsman'', June 26, 2003, p. 9.
 +
*"From law to leader: Lawyer new pastor for West Parish," ''Andover Townsman'', September 23, 2004, p. 1.
 +
*"Aspiring to a clear signal: T-Mobile subsidiary gets approval to go to church -- the steeple of West Parish Church," ''Andover Townsman'', November 10, 2005.
 +
*"Historic Andover church steeple to house 3 cell phone antennas," ''Eagle Tribune'', November 21, 2005, p. 1.
 +
*"Reflective refuge turns 100: quietly, the chapel at West parish is now a centurion," ''Andover Townsman'', April 16, 2009, p. 1.
 +
*"West Parish ordains Marie Lucca as youth, family pastor," ''Eagle Tribune'', November 21, 2009, p. 6.
 +
 +
 +
For a complete list of Andover Churches see [http://www.mhl.org/andover/churches.htm Houses of Worship in Andover]
  
  
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
+
--[[User:Kim|Kim]] 13:34, July 5, 2013 (EDT)<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
 +
<br> --[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] ([[User talk:Eleanor|talk]]) 13:54, 26 March 2015 (EDT)
 +
 
  
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Latest revision as of 13:54, 26 March 2015

West Parish is a United Church of Christ church. It served as the town's meetinghouse in the 1800s. Rev. Esther Rendon-Thompson was hired in 2002. Rev. Thomas McMillan became the senior minister in 2004.

See

  • "A new style comes to this Andover pulpit," Andover Townsman, April 11, 2002.
  • "Full circle for church tree: After 2-year journey, West Parish gets it back, as a new table," Andover Townsman, June 26, 2003, p. 9.
  • "From law to leader: Lawyer new pastor for West Parish," Andover Townsman, September 23, 2004, p. 1.
  • "Aspiring to a clear signal: T-Mobile subsidiary gets approval to go to church -- the steeple of West Parish Church," Andover Townsman, November 10, 2005.
  • "Historic Andover church steeple to house 3 cell phone antennas," Eagle Tribune, November 21, 2005, p. 1.
  • "Reflective refuge turns 100: quietly, the chapel at West parish is now a centurion," Andover Townsman, April 16, 2009, p. 1.
  • "West Parish ordains Marie Lucca as youth, family pastor," Eagle Tribune, November 21, 2009, p. 6.


For a complete list of Andover Churches see Houses of Worship in Andover



--Kim 13:34, July 5, 2013 (EDT)
--Eleanor (talk) 13:54, 26 March 2015 (EDT)


back to Main Page