Difference between pages "Leaf Disposal" and "Franklin Academy"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
== Curbside Collection ==
+
The North Parish Free School was incorporated in 1801 as a privately endowed school. The building was located on a hill north of the meeting house on a road in the North Parish now known as Academy Road.  In 1803, the name was changed to Franklin Academy. The Academy was the first school in Massachusetts to admit girls. In 1853, the end came for the school as more public schools were available.
 
+
* In the fall leaves are collected on regular trash days on the five weeks before Thanksgiving week and the week following Thanksgiving.   
+
* In the spring leaves are collected on the regular collection day six weeks before Memorial Day.
+
* Leaves can be placed in barrels, boxes, clear plastic or brown paper leaf bags.
+
  
 
See
 
See
*[http://andoverma.gov/faq/ Waste Disposal and Recycling]
 
  
== Drop-off Site ==
+
[http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1169P2029LD12.6746&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&term=&index=.GW&aspect=subtab783&term=&index=.AW&term=andover+symbol+of+new+england&index=.ET&term=&index=.SW&x=0&y=0#focus “Andover:Symbol of New England”] by Claude Fuess, (974.45 Fuess)pages 224-226.
*Leaves are composted at Bald Hill on High Plain Road.
+
 
Directions: <p><ol>Take Route 133 to Greenwood Road. Follow Greenwood Road 0.8 mile to High Plain Road. Take a left onto  Haggetts Pond Road. Continue one mile to Bald Hill<br></ol></p>
+
  
See
 
*[http://www.andoverma.gov/recycle/how.html ''Andover Recycles'']
 
  
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 19:40, December 21, 2006 (EST)
+
<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
  
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 11:34, 19 January 2007

The North Parish Free School was incorporated in 1801 as a privately endowed school. The building was located on a hill north of the meeting house on a road in the North Parish now known as Academy Road. In 1803, the name was changed to Franklin Academy. The Academy was the first school in Massachusetts to admit girls. In 1853, the end came for the school as more public schools were available.

See

“Andover:Symbol of New England” by Claude Fuess, (974.45 Fuess)pages 224-226.




back to Main Page