Difference between pages "Leaf Disposal" and "Old Town House"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
== Curbside Collection ==
+
The Town House was built in 1858 at a cost of $15,500.  It was orginally constructed for a "spacious hall in the second story, with a small gallery and four anterooms. In the first floor a smaller hall, also a post office room, treasurer's and selectmen's room..."
 
+
In 1882 an extension was added for cooking accommodations and water for use by clubs and private parties.  In 1902 a lobby was designed with ornamental winding staircases and tinted walls.
* In the fall leaves are collected on regular trash days on the five weeks before Thandksgiving week and the week following Thanksgiving.
+
The Town Seal was placed in the mosaic floor. In 1989 the facility was completely renovated adding air-conditioning.  The building is now available for wedding receptions, theater performances, and banquets. There is still a Post Office substation on the first floor.
* In the spring leaves are collected on the regular collection day six weeks before Memorial Day.
+
* Leaves can be placed in barrels, boxes, clear plastic or brown paper leaf bags.
+
  
 
See
 
See
*[http://andoverma.gov/faq/ Waste Disposal and Recycling]
 
  
== Drop-off Site ==
+
* ''Andover Townsman'', April 27, 1989
*Leaves are composted at Bald Hill on High Plain Road.
+
Directions: <p><ol>Take Route 133 to Greenwood Road. Follow Greenwood Road 0.8 mile to High Plain Road. Take a left onto  Haggetts Pond Road.  Continue one mile to Bald Hill<br></ol></p>
+
  
See
+
* ''Andover Townsman'', May 4, 1989, p. 6+
*[http://www.andoverma.gov/recycle/how.html ''Andover Recycles'']
+
 
 +
Andover Town House Function Room
  
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
+
--[[User:Glenda|Glenda]] 10:03, January 26, 2007 (EST)
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 19:40, December 21, 2006 (EST)
+
<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
  
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 11:03, 26 January 2007

The Town House was built in 1858 at a cost of $15,500. It was orginally constructed for a "spacious hall in the second story, with a small gallery and four anterooms. In the first floor a smaller hall, also a post office room, treasurer's and selectmen's room..." In 1882 an extension was added for cooking accommodations and water for use by clubs and private parties. In 1902 a lobby was designed with ornamental winding staircases and tinted walls. The Town Seal was placed in the mosaic floor. In 1989 the facility was completely renovated adding air-conditioning. The building is now available for wedding receptions, theater performances, and banquets. There is still a Post Office substation on the first floor.

See

  • Andover Townsman, April 27, 1989
  • Andover Townsman, May 4, 1989, p. 6+

Andover Town House Function Room


--Glenda 10:03, January 26, 2007 (EST)

back to Main Page