Difference between pages "Old Town House" and "File:CVS Past and Present.jpg"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The Town House was built in 1858 at a cost of $15,500.  It was orginally constructed for a "spacious hall in the second story, with a small gallery and four anterooms. In the first floor a smaller hall, also a post office room, treasurer's and selectmen's room..."
 
In 1882 an extension was added for cooking accommodations and water for use by clubs and private parties.  In 1902 a lobby was designed with ornamental winding staircases and tinted walls.
 
The Town Seal was placed in the mosaic floor. In 1989 the facility was completely renovated adding air-conditioning.  The building is now available for wedding receptions, theater performances, and banquets. There is still a Post Office substation on the first floor.
 
  
See
 
 
* ''Andover Townsman'', April 27, 1989
 
 
* ''Andover Townsman'', May 4, 1989, p. 6+
 
 
Andover Town House Function Room
 
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
--[[User:Glenda|Glenda]] 10:03, January 26, 2007 (EST)
 
<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
 
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 

Revision as of 12:28, 9 July 2010