Law School, local
Massachusetts School of Law at Andover
- 500 Federal Street
Andover, Ma 01810
Web Site: http://www.mslaw.edu
The Massachusetts School of Law, located on Federal Street, was founded in 1988 to provide "entry to the legal profession for working-class students". From the beginning, the school had difficulty getting American Bar Association accreditation. This made it impossible for students to sit for the bar examination or practice outside of Massachusetts. after the school petitioned the ABA for many years, about 8 states allowed MSL graduates to work as licensed lawyers. MSL, Dean Lawrence Velvel, and, eventually, the Department of Justice attacked the so-called anti-competitive rules of ABA accreditation by filing an antitrust suit against the ABA. The school continues to sponsor controversial talks and programs. Alumni of the school include 4 state representatives, including Barry Finegold, and one state senator.
- Against the Tide by Debbie Hagan. 2004 (Andover Room R 340.071 Hag)
- Massachusetts School of Law Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia, September 5,2012.
*Andover Law School Continues Fight with ABA.] Andover Townsman June 22, 2000, p.6.
- Andover Law School guilty of Unique Style. Andover Townsman 11/25/2004
- 11 Telly Awards: Judges in Tune with Law School's Cable Shows. Andover Townsman 3/17/2005
- Law School Students Place Third at National Mock Trial. Eagle Tribune 4/23/2008,
- Law School Dean to Plan War Crimes Trial for Bush. Andover Townsman 6/26/2008, p.1, 4.
- see Andover File Schools, Private, Massachusetts School of Law
back to Main Page