Difference between pages "Andover Historic Houses - Aberdeen Apartments" and "Andover Historic Houses - Almshouse"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (New page: The Aberdeen building in Shawsheen was an office building for the American Woolen Company. It was built in 1922 and converted to apartments around 1931. The building at 348-362 North Main...)
 
m (New page: Burnham Road was once called Alms Street because it ran past the poor house. The name changed about 1899 when George L. Burnham, superintendant of the Almshouse lived there. Source * And...)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The Aberdeen building in Shawsheen was an office building for the American Woolen Company. It was built in 1922 and converted to apartments around 1931.  The building at 348-362 North Main Street also houses the Shawsheen Post Office, flower shop, bridal shop, and antiques shop.
+
Burnham Road was once called Alms Street because it ran past the poor house.  The name changed about 1899 when George L. Burnham, superintendant of the Almshouse lived there.
 
+
See
+
 
+
''Andover Townsman'', June 6, 2006
+
  
 +
Source
 +
* Andover Historical Building Survey, Volume 3 (63 Burnham Road)(66 Burnham Road).
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
--[[User:Glenda|Glenda]] 15:44, January 12, 2007 (EST)<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
+
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 15:16, November 21, 2008 (EST)
  
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Latest revision as of 16:42, 26 June 2012

Burnham Road was once called Alms Street because it ran past the poor house. The name changed about 1899 when George L. Burnham, superintendant of the Almshouse lived there.

Source

  • Andover Historical Building Survey, Volume 3 (63 Burnham Road)(66 Burnham Road).


--Eleanor 15:16, November 21, 2008 (EST)

back to Main Page