Difference between pages "File:Smokestack.jpg" and "Elm Square"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Maintenance script uploaded "File:Smokestack.jpg": Importing image file)
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Smokestack at Atria Marland Place
+
Elm Square was named after the Centennial Elm in it's center. There are seven approaches to the intersection and until 1934 a trolley ran through the intersection. The tree was removed in 1919 because it was determined to be a traffic hazard.
 +
 
 +
See
 +
*[http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rresult.xml?rt=title&tp=title&t=Andover%20a%20Century%20of%20Change&ft=&l=1&d=0&f=&av= ''Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996''] by Eleanor Motley Richardson, pages 10 and 134 (974.45 Ric).
 +
* "The Elm House" in [http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rresult.xml?rt=title&tp=title&t=andover%20what%20it%20was&ft=&l=1&d=0&f=&av= Andover, What It Was, What It Is. : 300th Anniversary, May 30 - June 2, 1946], (974.45 And).
 +
*[http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rresult.xml?rt=title&tp=title&t=elm%20square&ft=&l=1&d=0&f=&av= ''Elm Square: the photographs of Richard Graber, 1962-1969/with an introduction by Howard Yezerski, text by Richard Graber, and recollections of the people of the Town of Andover''] by Richard Graber (Andover Room R 974.45 Gra).
 +
 
 +
*Attached article, "Elm Square Part of the Problem," ''Andover Townsman'', November 2, 2000.
 +
[[Image:Elmsquare.jpg|thumb||left| “Elm Square Part of the Problem"
 +
''Andover Townsman'', November 2, 2000.....click to enlarge ]]
 +
<br style="clear:both;" />
 +
*Attached article, "Centennial Elm Removed," by Charlotte Abbott ''Andover, Townsman'' December 5, 1919. [[Image:elmpage1.jpg|thumb||left| “Centenennial Elm Removed,''
 +
''Andover Townsman'', December 5, 1919, page 1.....click to enlarge ]]
 +
[[Image:elmpage5.jpg|thumb||left| “Centennial Elm Removed,''
 +
''Andover Townsman'', December 5, 1919, page 5.....click to enlarge ]]
 +
[[Image:elmpage7.jpg|thumb||left| “Centennial Elm Removed,''
 +
''Andover Townsman'', December 5, 1919, page 7.....click to enlarge ]]
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
[[Image:elm3.jpg|thumb|...Elm Square before the tree before it was removed.... click to enlarge|left]]
 +
 
 +
[[Image:Musgrove_Building,_1894.jpg|thumb|...''The Musgrove Building, Elm Square, circa 1894''.... click to enlarge|left]]
 +
 
 +
[[Image:elmsquare.jpg|thumb|...Elm Square.... click to enlarge|left]]
 +
<br style="clear:both;" />
 +
 
 +
--[[User:Kim|Kim]] 16:43, December 15, 2009 back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 +
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 15:20, 23 April 2015

Elm Square was named after the Centennial Elm in it's center. There are seven approaches to the intersection and until 1934 a trolley ran through the intersection. The tree was removed in 1919 because it was determined to be a traffic hazard.

See

  • Attached article, "Elm Square Part of the Problem," Andover Townsman, November 2, 2000.
“Elm Square Part of the Problem" Andover Townsman, November 2, 2000.....click to enlarge


  • Attached article, "Centennial Elm Removed," by Charlotte Abbott Andover, Townsman December 5, 1919.
    “Centenennial Elm Removed, Andover Townsman, December 5, 1919, page 1.....click to enlarge
“Centennial Elm Removed, Andover Townsman, December 5, 1919, page 5.....click to enlarge
“Centennial Elm Removed, Andover Townsman, December 5, 1919, page 7.....click to enlarge


...Elm Square before the tree before it was removed.... click to enlarge
...The Musgrove Building, Elm Square, circa 1894.... click to enlarge
...Elm Square.... click to enlarge


--Kim 16:43, December 15, 2009 back to Main Page

File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current16:34, 16 February 2015Thumbnail for version as of 16:34, 16 February 2015830 × 1,675 (208 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file
  • You cannot overwrite this file.

The following page links to this file: