Difference between revisions of "Elm Square"

From Andover Answers
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 23: Line 23:
 
[[Image:Musgrove_Building,_1894.jpg|thumb|...''The Musgrove Building, Elm Square, circa 1894''.... click to enlarge|left]]
 
[[Image:Musgrove_Building,_1894.jpg|thumb|...''The Musgrove Building, Elm Square, circa 1894''.... click to enlarge|left]]
  
[[Image:elmsquare.jpg|thumb|...Elm Square.... click to enlarge|left]]
+
[[File:Elmsquare.jpg|thumb.... click to enlarge|left]]
<br style="clear:both;" />
+
  
 
--[[User:Kim|Kim]] 16:43, December 15, 2009 back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
--[[User:Kim|Kim]] 16:43, December 15, 2009 back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 15:22, 23 April 2015

Elm Square was named after the Centennial Elm in it's center. There are seven approaches to the intersection and until 1934 a trolley ran through the intersection. The tree was removed in 1919 because it was determined to be a traffic hazard.

See

  • Attached article, "Elm Square Part of the Problem," Andover Townsman, November 2, 2000.
“Elm Square Part of the Problem" Andover Townsman, November 2, 2000.....click to enlarge


  • Attached article, "Centennial Elm Removed," by Charlotte Abbott Andover, Townsman December 5, 1919.
    “Centenennial Elm Removed, Andover Townsman, December 5, 1919, page 1.....click to enlarge
“Centennial Elm Removed, Andover Townsman, December 5, 1919, page 5.....click to enlarge
“Centennial Elm Removed, Andover Townsman, December 5, 1919, page 7.....click to enlarge


...Elm Square before the tree before it was removed.... click to enlarge
...The Musgrove Building, Elm Square, circa 1894.... click to enlarge
thumb.... click to enlarge

--Kim 16:43, December 15, 2009 back to Main Page