Incidents in Andover or involving Andover residents:
In 1997, two 15-year-old Andover males were arrested after multiple fires were lit downtown.
- "Fire-setting teenagers face 10 arson charges," Andover Townsman, December 4, 1997, p. 1.
A home at 487 Lowell Street housed a methamphetamine lab. Jay Keough and Ryan Emmett were arrested. Keough's parents own the home. Federal agents investigated. The men were each sentenced to 5 years in prison.
- "Fear for youth led to tip on meth lab," Andover Townsman, March 2009, p. 1.
- "Andover men get 5 years in meth lab case," Andover Townsman, May 13, 2010.
Undercover Andover police arrested 3 people for a drug deal in which crushed laxatives were substituted for heroin.
- "Police: They sold laxatives as 'heroin'," Andover Townsman, March 10, 2005, p. 1.
A former Merrimack College dean, Edward Popper, was charged with possessing child pornography.
- "Police charge former dean in porn case: Seize children's images from computer of ex-Merrimack College professor," Eagle Tribune, August 16, 2008, p. 1.
The Sex Offender Registry Board tracks sex offenders. Juveniles are frequently involved in sexual assault cases.
- "Sex-based crimes by youth have attention of police, schools: Education credited with 4-year reduction in assault reports," Andover Townsman, September 9, 2004, p. 1.
--Kim 15:33, May 31, 2013 (EDT)
back to Main Page