Difference between pages "Ballardvale" and "Andover Business - Fleet Bank"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The Ballardvale area in Andover is named after Timothy Ballard who owned a salt and grist mill in the 18th century. In 1836 John Marland built a woolen mill on the site that went bankrupt in 1857. The company treasurer, J.P. Bradlee aquired the mill, named it the Bradlee Mill, but the area continued to be called Ballardvale.
+
Because of divesture plan of merger of Fleet Financial Group Inc. and Soverign Bank of New England in 1999 both Fleet Branches on Main Street (#68 and #229) in Andover became Soverign Bank of New England branches in 2000. The location at 68 Main Street was bought by
 
+
[[Andover Business - CVS|CVS]]  in 2007.
  
 
See
 
See
* "Behind Ballardvale", ''Townsman'', November 6, 2003
+
*"Both local Fleet Branches to Go", ''Townsman'', October 7, 1999.
 
+
 
+
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 16:18, August 17, 2011 (EDT)
+
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 16:23, August 23, 2011 (EDT)
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Latest revision as of 16:26, 23 August 2011

Because of divesture plan of merger of Fleet Financial Group Inc. and Soverign Bank of New England in 1999 both Fleet Branches on Main Street (#68 and #229) in Andover became Soverign Bank of New England branches in 2000. The location at 68 Main Street was bought by CVS in 2007.

See

  • "Both local Fleet Branches to Go", Townsman, October 7, 1999.


--Eleanor 16:23, August 23, 2011 (EDT) back to Main Page