Difference between pages "Ballardvale" and "File:Films and Filmmakers page 1.jpg"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Maintenance script uploaded "File:Films and Filmmakers page 1.jpg": Importing image file)
Line 1: Line 1:
The Ballardvale area in Andover is named after Timothy Ballard who owned a salt and grist mill in the 18th century. In 1836 John Marland built a woolen mill on the site that went bankrupt in 1857.  The company treasurer, J.P. Bradlee aquired the mill, named it the Bradlee Mill, but the area continued to be called Ballardvale.
* "Behind Ballardvale", ''Townsman'', November 6, 2003
<br style="clear:both;" />
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 16:18, August 17, 2011 (EDT)
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Latest revision as of 15:34, 16 February 2015