Difference between pages "Andover Artist - Pat Keck" and "William Jenkins House"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Pat Keck sculptures are painted wood and mixed mediaShe made the Dancing Man painted clown as a gift for the library.   
+
The William Jenkins House, located at 8 Douglass Street (formerly Jenkins Road), was built 10 years before the Revolution by William's grandfather, Samuel JenkinsIt was a stop on the "Underground Railroad."
 +
   
 +
*"The William Jenkins House,"  [http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rresult.xml?rt=title&tp=title&t=townswoman%27s%20andover&ft=&l=1&d=0&f= ''The Townswoman's Andover''] by Bessie Goldsmith (974.45 Gol), p. 20.
 +
**"Andover’s Home was but one Stop on the Underground Railroad," Andover Townsman 10/26/2000 (This article is found in the Andover Vertical File under Underground Railroad).
 +
**[http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rresult.xml?rt=keyword&tp=keyword&t=andover%20symbol%20of%20new%20england%20fuess&ft=&l=1&d=0&f=&av= “Andover: Symbol of New England”] by Claude Fuess, (974.45 Fuess), p. 314.
 +
**"Jenkins House Station for Escaping Slaves," Andover Townsman, March 22, 1956 (This article can be found in the Jenkins Family File).
  
 +
[[Image:William_Jenkins_House.jpg|thumb|...''The William Jenkins House''.... click to enlarge|left]]
 +
[[Image:William_Jenkins_House_Narrative,_Part_1.jpg|thumb|...''The William Jenkins House Narrative, Part 1''.... click to enlarge|left]]
 +
[[Image:William_Jenkins_House_Narrative,_Part_2.jpg|thumb|...''The William Jenkins House Narrative, Part 2''.... click to enlarge|left]]
  
See
 
*[http://www.mhl.org/about/visit/art/ Original Art in Memorial Hall Library]
 
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
*"Art Thrives in Quiet Life", Eagle Tribune, August 3, 1997
 
*"The Lighthearted Puppet Master", New York Times October 12, 2003,
 
*"They have a Life of Their Own", Boston Globe, October 28, 2003
 
*"Mistress of the Macrabre. As Halloween Approaches, Meet an Andover Sculptor who’s Turned making Eerie figures into an Art Form", Townsman, October 30, 2003
 
  
 
+
--[[User:Kim|Kim]] 19:16, November 2, 2011 (EDT)<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 16:08, September 28, 2011 (EDT)
+
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 19:18, 2 November 2011

The William Jenkins House, located at 8 Douglass Street (formerly Jenkins Road), was built 10 years before the Revolution by William's grandfather, Samuel Jenkins. It was a stop on the "Underground Railroad."

  • "The William Jenkins House," The Townswoman's Andover by Bessie Goldsmith (974.45 Gol), p. 20.
    • "Andover’s Home was but one Stop on the Underground Railroad," Andover Townsman 10/26/2000 (This article is found in the Andover Vertical File under Underground Railroad).
    • “Andover: Symbol of New England” by Claude Fuess, (974.45 Fuess), p. 314.
    • "Jenkins House Station for Escaping Slaves," Andover Townsman, March 22, 1956 (This article can be found in the Jenkins Family File).
...The William Jenkins House.... click to enlarge
...The William Jenkins House Narrative, Part 1.... click to enlarge
...The William Jenkins House Narrative, Part 2.... click to enlarge


--Kim 19:16, November 2, 2011 (EDT) back to Main Page