Difference between pages "File:Hartigan's Drug Store.jpg" and "Andover Artist - Dorothy Piercy"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Hartigan's Drug Store)
 
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Hartigan's Drug Store
+
In 1957 Dorothy Piercy painted mural of downtown Andover. The scene began at the Free Church on Elm Street, wrapped around the corner and ended at the Town Hall. It was hung on the wall of Ford's Coffee shop and depicted 10 residents of Andover. When the coffee shop closed in 1994 the mural was moved to the town offices.
 +
 
 +
In 1997 to commemorate the Town's 350th anniversary she painted the same scene, depicting the changes in the businesses along the block. This time she depicted 145 townspeople, including Firefighter William Loehr, Tom Edmunds of the Andover Historical Society, and the Town Manager, Reginald "Buzz" Stapcynski, and his two sons.
 +
 
 +
Both murals hang in the town offices.
 +
 
 +
See
 +
*"Mother of 5 Paints Mural of Main Street", ''Andover Townsman'', July 25, 1957, page 1 & 2.
 +
*"Mural of a Life Time", Andover Townsman, January 16, 1997, page1.
 +
*"Downtown Murals Show Past and Present", ''Andover Townsman'', December 4, 1998 page 15
 +
*"Murals from Ford's Coffee damaged, being repaired", ''Andover Townsman Online'', September 22, 2011.
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
<br style="clear:both;" />
 +
 
 +
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 10:57, October 25, 2011 (EDT)
 +
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 +
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 12:52, 25 October 2011

In 1957 Dorothy Piercy painted mural of downtown Andover. The scene began at the Free Church on Elm Street, wrapped around the corner and ended at the Town Hall. It was hung on the wall of Ford's Coffee shop and depicted 10 residents of Andover. When the coffee shop closed in 1994 the mural was moved to the town offices.

In 1997 to commemorate the Town's 350th anniversary she painted the same scene, depicting the changes in the businesses along the block. This time she depicted 145 townspeople, including Firefighter William Loehr, Tom Edmunds of the Andover Historical Society, and the Town Manager, Reginald "Buzz" Stapcynski, and his two sons.

Both murals hang in the town offices.

See

  • "Mother of 5 Paints Mural of Main Street", Andover Townsman, July 25, 1957, page 1 & 2.
  • "Mural of a Life Time", Andover Townsman, January 16, 1997, page1.
  • "Downtown Murals Show Past and Present", Andover Townsman, December 4, 1998 page 15
  • "Murals from Ford's Coffee damaged, being repaired", Andover Townsman Online, September 22, 2011.



--Eleanor 10:57, October 25, 2011 (EDT) back to Main Page

File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current16:34, 16 February 2015Thumbnail for version as of 16:34, 16 February 20151,783 × 2,893 (1.67 MB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file
  • You cannot overwrite this file.

The following page links to this file: