Difference between pages "Andover Business - LocalTel" and "Andover Business - Andover Bowling Alley"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (New page: The publisher of LocalTel moved from 3 Dundee Park to Bonita Springs, CA in 2003. The office was opened in 1997. See *"LocalTel Bound South", Eagle Tribune, January 30, 2003, page 11. <...)
 
m (New page: The Andover Bowling Alley was establised in 1916 by partners James Ross and Roy Hardy as a 4 lane alley on Essex Street. It was moved to Park Street in 1939. They also opened the Lawrence...)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The publisher of LocalTel moved from 3 Dundee Park to Bonita Springs, CA in 2003. The office was opened in 1997.
+
The Andover Bowling Alley was establised in 1916 by partners James Ross and Roy Hardy as a 4 lane alley on Essex Street. It was moved to Park Street in 1939. They also opened the Lawrence Recreation Center in Lawrence, a facility that housed 20 alleys and 7 billard tables that same year. James Ross died in 1949 and the his share of the business went to his wife Mary Ross and his daughter Christine Jones. Roy Hardy ran the bowling alleys until his death in 1959 when both facilties were were passed onto Christine's son Ted Jones who modernized the alleys by adding pin-setting machines.
 +
 
  
 
See
 
See
*"LocalTel Bound South", Eagle Tribune, January 30, 2003, page 11.
+
* "For Her, the Memoru Lanes Keep on Rolling", ''Townsman'', December 18, 1997.
  
  
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 16:31, August 17, 2011 (EDT)
+
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 16:49, August 17, 2011 (EDT)
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 16:49, 17 August 2011

The Andover Bowling Alley was establised in 1916 by partners James Ross and Roy Hardy as a 4 lane alley on Essex Street. It was moved to Park Street in 1939. They also opened the Lawrence Recreation Center in Lawrence, a facility that housed 20 alleys and 7 billard tables that same year. James Ross died in 1949 and the his share of the business went to his wife Mary Ross and his daughter Christine Jones. Roy Hardy ran the bowling alleys until his death in 1959 when both facilties were were passed onto Christine's son Ted Jones who modernized the alleys by adding pin-setting machines.


See

  • "For Her, the Memoru Lanes Keep on Rolling", Townsman, December 18, 1997.



--Eleanor 16:49, August 17, 2011 (EDT) back to Main Page