Difference between pages "Andover Business - Andover Bowling Alley" and "Andover Business - Daher's"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (New page: The Andover Bowling Alley was establised in 1916 by partners James Ross and Roy Hardy as a 4 lane alley on Essex Street. It was moved to Park Street in 1939. They also opened the Lawrence...)
 
m (New page: The original Daher's Shoe Store began in 1963 on Prospect Street in Methuen when Charles Daher purchased overstock shoes from Majestic Shoe Co. in Lawrence. In 1989 they had grown to three...)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The Andover Bowling Alley was establised in 1916 by partners James Ross and Roy Hardy as a 4 lane alley on Essex Street. It was moved to Park Street in 1939. They also opened the Lawrence Recreation Center in Lawrence, a facility that housed 20 alleys and 7 billard tables that same year. James Ross died in 1949 and the his share of the business went to his wife Mary Ross and his daughter Christine Jones. Roy Hardy ran the bowling alleys until his death in 1959 when both facilties were were passed onto Christine's son Ted Jones who modernized the alleys by adding pin-setting machines.
+
The original Daher's Shoe Store began in 1963 on Prospect Street in Methuen when Charles Daher purchased overstock shoes from Majestic Shoe Co. in Lawrence. In 1989 they had grown to three locations: Swan Street, the Methuen Mall and 27 Main Street in Andover. In 1992 Daher's moved the Andover location Daher's 68 Main Street. 
 +
 
 +
The 27 Main Street location became Stride Rite Shoes.
 +
 
  
  
 
See
 
See
* "For Her, the Memoru Lanes Keep on Rolling", ''Townsman'', December 18, 1997.
+
* "Small Family Shoe Store Grows to Three Locations", ''Andover Townsman Advertising Supplement'', January 19, 1989, page 6a.
 +
* "Dahers Went to School at Family's Shoe Store",'' Eagle Tribune'', April 19, 1992, page F1 and F5.
  
  
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 16:49, August 17, 2011 (EDT)
+
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 16:58, August 23, 2011 (EDT)
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 16:58, 23 August 2011

The original Daher's Shoe Store began in 1963 on Prospect Street in Methuen when Charles Daher purchased overstock shoes from Majestic Shoe Co. in Lawrence. In 1989 they had grown to three locations: Swan Street, the Methuen Mall and 27 Main Street in Andover. In 1992 Daher's moved the Andover location Daher's 68 Main Street.

The 27 Main Street location became Stride Rite Shoes.


See

  • "Small Family Shoe Store Grows to Three Locations", Andover Townsman Advertising Supplement, January 19, 1989, page 6a.
  • "Dahers Went to School at Family's Shoe Store", Eagle Tribune, April 19, 1992, page F1 and F5.



--Eleanor 16:58, August 23, 2011 (EDT) back to Main Page