Andover Business - Andover Bowling Alley
The Andover Bowling Alley was establised in 1916 by partners James Ross and Roy Hardy as a 4 lane alley on Essex Street. It was moved to Park Street in 1939. They also opened the Lawrence Recreation Center in Lawrence, a facility that housed 20 alleys and 7 billard tables that same year. James Ross died in 1949 and the his share of the business went to his wife Mary Ross and his daughter Christine Jones. Roy Hardy ran the bowling alleys until his death in 1959 when both facilties were were passed onto Christine's son Ted Jones who modernized the alleys by adding pin-setting machines.
- "For Her, the Memoru Lanes Keep on Rolling", Townsman, December 18, 1997.