Difference between pages "Andover Historic Houses - Pearson Farmhouse" and "Andover Historic Houses - Phelps House"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (New page: In 2001, the 19th century Pearson Farmhouse, built by Joseph Pearson, was moved from it's original location on the Phillips Academy campus, 254 Main Street, to 305 South Main Street. The ...)
 
m (New page: The Phelps House, located at 189 Main Street, was built from 1809 to 1811. The house was a gift to the Andover Theological Seminary from shipbuilder William Bartlet of Newburyport. [[Ima...)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
In 2001, the 19th century Pearson Farmhouse, built by Joseph Pearson, was moved from it's original location on the Phillips Academy campus, 254 Main Street, to 305 South Main Street.  The move made way for the construction of the PA hockey rink.  Builder David Barrett bought the home from PA for $1, moved it at the cost of $50,000, renovated it, and put it on the market for $699,000.  
+
The Phelps House, located at 189 Main Street, was built from 1809 to 1811.  The house was a gift to the Andover Theological Seminary from shipbuilder William Bartlet of Newburyport.
  
+
[[Image:Phelps_House.jpg|thumb|...''The Phelps House''.... click to enlarge|left]]
[[Image:Pearson_Farmhouse_at_Phillips_Academy.jpg|thumb|...''Pearson Farmhouse, original location at Phillips Academy''.... click to enlarge|left]]
+
[[Image:Phelps_House_Narrative,_Part_1.jpg|thumb|...''Phelps House Narrative, Part 1''.... click to enlarge|left]]
[[Image:Pearson_Farmhouse.jpg|thumb|...''Pearson Farmhouse Move and Restoration''.... click to enlarge|left]]
+
[[Image:Phelps_House_Narrative,_Part_2.jpg|thumb|...''Phelps House Narrative, Part 2''.... click to enlarge|left]]
  
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
See
+
--[[User:Kim|Kim]] 11:17, November 2, 2011 (EDT)<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
 
+
*"Historic farmhouse will move, in time", ''Andover Townsman'', November 16, 2000.
+
*"History falls in way of ice rink", ''Eagle Tribune'', March 25, 2000.
+
*"Sale price from $1 to $699,000: Renovation complete on Pearson Farmhouse", ''Andover Townsman'', August 30, 2001.
+
 
+
<br style="clear:both;" />
+
 
+
--[[User:Kim|Kim]] 10:30, November 17, 2011 (EST)<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
+
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Latest revision as of 09:36, 30 June 2012

The Phelps House, located at 189 Main Street, was built from 1809 to 1811. The house was a gift to the Andover Theological Seminary from shipbuilder William Bartlet of Newburyport.

...The Phelps House.... click to enlarge
...Phelps House Narrative, Part 1.... click to enlarge
...Phelps House Narrative, Part 2.... click to enlarge


--Kim 11:17, November 2, 2011 (EDT) back to Main Page