Musgrove Building

From Andover Answers
Revision as of 13:11, 22 October 2015 by Eleanor (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Flints were the children of Mr. Tyer, founder of the Tyer Rubber Company. Their uncle in England, Sir John Musgrove, left his estate to the family. The Flints bought the Elm Hotel, tore it down, and built the Musgrove Building in 1894. At the time, it was referred to as a "modern commercial building."

...The Musgrove Building, circa 1894.... click to enlarge
Musgrove Building, circa 1960. Picture from the Andover Townsman Centennial Issue, July 21, 1988
...Townsman's Past & Present: Musgrove Building.... click to enlarge


  • "Arch changes corner into welcoming entrance," Eagle Tribune, June 30, 1996.
  • "Past & Present: Musgrove Building," Townsman, April 25, 2013, p. 13.

--Kim 12:13, December 22, 2011 (EST)

--Eleanor (talk) 14:11, 22 October 2015 (EDT) back to Main Page