Difference between pages "Andona Society" and "Andover By-Pass"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with " See *Andover a Century of Change", by Gail <br style="clear:both;" /> back to Main Page Category:Andover Answers Index")
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
  
 +
The Andover-By-Pass (Route 125) was constructed to reduce traffic on the Phillips campus. Academy trustees under the leadership of Alum Thomas Cochran bought the land and the state constructed the road, which opened in 1931.
  
 +
Cochran was also the benefactor for the [[Cochran Wild Life Sanctuary]] on the grounds of Philips.
 
See
 
See
*Andover a Century of Change", by Gail
+
* "History of the Andover By-Pass (Route 125)"''Townsman'', September 17, 2015, page 11
 +
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
 +
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] ([[User talk:Eleanor|talk]]) 13:41, 12 February 2016 (EST)
  
  
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
 +
<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
  
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 13:48, 12 February 2016

The Andover-By-Pass (Route 125) was constructed to reduce traffic on the Phillips campus. Academy trustees under the leadership of Alum Thomas Cochran bought the land and the state constructed the road, which opened in 1931.

Cochran was also the benefactor for the Cochran Wild Life Sanctuary on the grounds of Philips. See

  • "History of the Andover By-Pass (Route 125)"Townsman, September 17, 2015, page 11


--Eleanor (talk) 13:41, 12 February 2016 (EST)




back to Main Page