Difference between pages "Andona Society" and "Andover By-Pass"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The Andona Society, deriving its name from combining Andover and the latin work for give - dona,  was founded in 1952 by five residents of Andover. Beginning with supporting the Andover Home for the Aged, through the years the members have donated funds to sponsor sports and  recreational town activities, provide educational funding for  , library expansion of the Children's Room, the Cormier Youth Center and a babysitting program for middle school students.  as well as education scholarships and vision screening for pre-school  children, YMCA, library children's room expansion. S.A.D.D Cormier Youth Center, Babysitting Program for middle school students
 
  
for 1956 Clown Town, Spring Gala, Sidewalk Bazaar to donate to town $50,000/year sports recreation education scholarships and vision screening for pre-school  children, YMCA, library children's room expansion. S.A.D.D Cormier Youth Center, Babysitting Program for middle school students
+
The Andover-By-Pass (Route 125) was constructed to reduce traffic on the Phillips campus. Academy trustees under the leadership of Alum Thomas Cochran bought the land and the state constructed the road, which opened in 1931.
 +
 
 +
Cochran was also the benefactor for the [[Cochran Wild Life Sanctuary]] on the grounds of Philips.
 +
 
 +
 
 +
[[Image:125bypass.jpg|200px|thumb|left|125 By-pass in 1931.]]
 +
 
 +
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
Holy Family Hospital - then Bon Secours Hospital pediatrics 1960's
 
  
 
See
 
See
*[http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=487303&t=andover%20a%20century%20of%20change&tp=keyword&d=0&hc=2&rt=keyword ''Andover: A Century of Change''], by Eleanor Richardson (R 974.45 Ric), page 52
+
* "History of the Andover By-Pass (Route 125)"''Townsman'', September 17, 2015, page 11
 +
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
 +
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] ([[User talk:Eleanor|talk]]) 13:41, 12 February 2016 (EST)
  
  
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
 +
<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
  
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Latest revision as of 15:01, 12 February 2016

The Andover-By-Pass (Route 125) was constructed to reduce traffic on the Phillips campus. Academy trustees under the leadership of Alum Thomas Cochran bought the land and the state constructed the road, which opened in 1931.

Cochran was also the benefactor for the Cochran Wild Life Sanctuary on the grounds of Philips.


125 By-pass in 1931.



See

  • "History of the Andover By-Pass (Route 125)"Townsman, September 17, 2015, page 11


--Eleanor (talk) 13:41, 12 February 2016 (EST)




back to Main Page