Difference between revisions of "Andover By-Pass"

From Andover Answers
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(4 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
  
 
Cochran was also the benefactor for the [[Cochran Wild Life Sanctuary]] on the grounds of Philips.
 
Cochran was also the benefactor for the [[Cochran Wild Life Sanctuary]] on the grounds of Philips.
 +
 +
 +
[[Image:125bypass.jpg|200px|thumb|left|125 By-pass in 1931.]]
 +
 +
<br style="clear:both;" />
 +
 +
 
See
 
See
 
* "History of the Andover By-Pass (Route 125)"''Townsman'', September 17, 2015, page 11
 
* "History of the Andover By-Pass (Route 125)"''Townsman'', September 17, 2015, page 11

Latest revision as of 16:01, 12 February 2016

The Andover-By-Pass (Route 125) was constructed to reduce traffic on the Phillips campus. Academy trustees under the leadership of Alum Thomas Cochran bought the land and the state constructed the road, which opened in 1931.

Cochran was also the benefactor for the Cochran Wild Life Sanctuary on the grounds of Philips.


125 By-pass in 1931.



See

  • "History of the Andover By-Pass (Route 125)"Townsman, September 17, 2015, page 11


--Eleanor (talk) 13:41, 12 February 2016 (EST)




back to Main Page