St. Francis Seminary

From Andover Answers
Revision as of 15:34, 22 January 2016 by Eleanor (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

The St. Francis Seminary, a Catholic school to train boys for the priesthood, was built on River Road near the Tewksbury line in 1930. The seminary was closed in 1977. The building then became part of the Franciscan Retreat and Conference Center.

See

  • "St. Francis Seminary Lights Drew Thousands of Onlookers," Andover Townsman, December 18, 2008.



St Francis Seminary.



With Christmas Lights - A popular holiday sight form the mid-1930's to the mid-1960's Andover Townsman, December 25, 2014, page 14.


--Eleanor 15:53, August 17, 2011 (EDT)
--Leslie 16:23, July 31, 2012 (EDT)
--Eleanor (talk) 15:33, 22 January 2016 (EST)

back to Main Page