Addison Gallery of American Art
Built in 1931 on the campus of Phillips Academy, the Addison Gallery of American Art was the first gallery devoted entirely to American Art. The museum owns approximately 1500 paintings. In 2007, plans are underway to increase the size of the gallery by 60%. More museum space, storage and a library will be added from part of a $5 million donation by former student Thomas Israel.
- Andover Townsman, February 8, 2007, page 1+.
--Glenda 14:31, February 9, 2007 (EST)
back to Main Page