Difference between pages "Andover Historic Houses - Captain Stephen Abbot" and "Andover Business - Andover National Bank"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The Stephen Abbot House was built in 1806 on Main Street, Andover or as it was called at that time, Essex Turnpike. The property was sold many times through the years and through the years was  used as a residence and housed several businesses.
+
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] ([[User talk:Eleanor|talk]]) 15:06, 8 May 2015 (EDT)Andover National Bank shared a Main Street building with Andover Savings Bank constructed in 1890. The Andover Savings Bank became Andover bank; In 1956 the Andover National Bank merged with the Merrimack National Bank to be called the Andover and Merrimack National Bank which merged with the Methuen National Bank in 1957 to become the Merrimack Valley National Bank. BayBanks Inc. acquired the Merrimack Valley National Bank.  
  
 +
See
 +
* The People Places & Events: a history of BayBank Merrimack Valley", Andover Room File.
 +
 +
*A Historical Sketch Covering One Hundred Twenty Years of the Andover National Bank. Andover, Massachusetts 1826-1946, Andover Room File-Business.
  
[[File:Captain Stephen Abbot.jpg|200px|thumb|left| Captain Stephen Abbot from promotional materials for Andover's 300 anniversary]]
 
  
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
See
+
[[File:Andover bank.jpg |200px|thumb|left|Photo of Andover Bank from promotional materials printed for Andover's 300 Anniversary]]
* [http://www.pa59ers.com/library/Historic/houses.html Historic Houses in Andover, Massachusetts]
+
 
 +
<br style="clear:both;" />
 +
 
 +
[[File:AndoverNationalBank.jpg|200px|thumb|left|Andover National Bank about 1897]]
 +
 
 +
 
 +
<br style="clear:both;" />
 +
 
 +
The Andover National Bank is in the center of the picture. The electric Trolley lines were installed to travel to Lawrence in 1891, to Reading in 1900 and to Haverhill in 1901.They operated until 1934.
  
* [http://preservation.mhl.org/29-main-st 27-29-31 Main Street formerly the Stephen Abbot House]
 
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] ([[User talk:Eleanor|talk]]) 15:30, 1 May 2015 (EDT)
 
  
 +
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 14:55, August 24, 2011 (EDT)
 +
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]]
 +
--([[User talk:Eleanor|talk]]) 10:53, 1 April 2015 (EDT)
 +
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] ([[User talk:Eleanor|talk]]) 15:06, 8 May 2015 (EDT)
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 15:06, 8 May 2015

--Eleanor (talk) 15:06, 8 May 2015 (EDT)Andover National Bank shared a Main Street building with Andover Savings Bank constructed in 1890. The Andover Savings Bank became Andover bank; In 1956 the Andover National Bank merged with the Merrimack National Bank to be called the Andover and Merrimack National Bank which merged with the Methuen National Bank in 1957 to become the Merrimack Valley National Bank. BayBanks Inc. acquired the Merrimack Valley National Bank.

See

  • The People Places & Events: a history of BayBank Merrimack Valley", Andover Room File.
  • A Historical Sketch Covering One Hundred Twenty Years of the Andover National Bank. Andover, Massachusetts 1826-1946, Andover Room File-Business.



Photo of Andover Bank from promotional materials printed for Andover's 300 Anniversary


Andover National Bank about 1897



The Andover National Bank is in the center of the picture. The electric Trolley lines were installed to travel to Lawrence in 1891, to Reading in 1900 and to Haverhill in 1901.They operated until 1934.


--Eleanor 14:55, August 24, 2011 (EDT) --Eleanor --(talk) 10:53, 1 April 2015 (EDT) --Eleanor (talk) 15:06, 8 May 2015 (EDT) back to Main Page