Difference between pages "Ballardvale Historic District Commission" and "Colonial Theater"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The Ballardvale Historic District Commission established by the town in 1995 to preserve Ballardvale. According to Chapter 40C of the Massachusetts General Laws its mission is to:
+
The Colonial Theater was located on Essex Street. In the 1950's it changed its name to Andover Playhouse and was once the home of the Andover Senior Center. It was razed for the parking lot behind the Memorial Hall Library.
*To preserve and protect the distinctive characteristics of the buildings and places significant to the history of the Commonwealth’s cities and towns.
+
*To maintain and improve the settings of those buildings and places.
+
*To encourage compatibility with existing buildings when new buildings are planned within the district."
+
  
The regulations for changes to buildings in Ballardvale are clearly defined in the *Rules Regulations and Procedures of BVHDC".
+
[[File:andoverplayhouse.jpg|200px|thumb|left|Andover Playhouse / parking lot behind the Library]]
  
See
+
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
+
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
*[http://andover.mvlc.org/eg/opac/record/35500?query=history%20of%20ballardvale;qtype=keyword;fi%3Asearch_format=;locg=5 History of Ballardvale Andover] Room R 974.45 His
+
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
*[http://preservation.mhl.org/bhdc Ballard Historic District Commission(BVHDC)]
+
*[http://preservation.mhl.org/sites/default/files/files/BVHDC%20rules.pdf Rules, Regulations and Procedures of BVHDC]
+
*"Ringing Out the Old" Townsman, January 1 ,2004
+
 
+
 
+
--Eleanor 15:22, March 14, 2006 (EST)
+
 
+
--Eleanor (talk) 15:23, 5 March 2015 (EST)
+
 
+
back to Main Page
+

Revision as of 11:38, 18 March 2015

The Colonial Theater was located on Essex Street. In the 1950's it changed its name to Andover Playhouse and was once the home of the Andover Senior Center. It was razed for the parking lot behind the Memorial Hall Library.

Andover Playhouse / parking lot behind the Library


back to Main Page