Difference between pages "Memorial Hall Library - Landscaping" and "Colonial Theater"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
See
+
The Colonial Theater was located on Essex Street. In the 1950's it changed its name to Andover Playhouse and was once the home of the Andover Senior Center.  
* Andover File - MHL - Landscaping
+
<gallery caption="Memorial Hall Library Landscaping Plan prior to October 2011" widths="240px" heights="280px" perrow="3">
+
Image:Phyllis_Bingham_Garden_side_entrance.jpg|
+
Image:Phyllis_Bingham_Garden_daylilies.jpg|
+
Image:Plantings front of library.jpg|
+
</gallery>
+
  
 +
It functioned as a movie theater.  Movies could not be shown on Sundays until 1933.
  
 +
It was razed for the parking lot behind the Memorial Hall Library in 1985.
  
[[Image:Plantings front of library.jpg|thumb||left| Plantings Front of the Library Note: The Yellowwood Tree that is designated on this diagram (to the right side of the front door) was cut down in November 2001.]]
+
[[File:andoverplayhouse.jpg|200px|thumb|left|Andover Playhouse / parking lot behind the Library]]
<br>
+
[[Image:Phyllis Bingham Garden side entrance.jpg|thumb||left| Phyllis Bingham Garden Diagram]]
+
[[Image:Phyllis Bingham Garden daylilies.jpg|thumb||left| Phyllis Bingham Garden Diagram of Daylilies]]
+
<br style="clear:both;" />
+
The Main Street entrance to the building was re-landscaped in October 2011.
+
  
[[Image:landscape.jpg|thumb||left| Plantings Front of the Library October 2011]]
+
See
 
+
*[http://andover.mvlc.org/eg/opac/record/487303?query=andover%20century%20of%20change;qtype=keyword;fi%3Asearch_format=;locg=5 Andover: A Century of Change, 1896-1996],  by Eleanor Motley Richardson, 974.45 Ric, page 138
<gallery caption="Memorial Hall Library Landscaping Plan March 2011" widths="240px" heights="280px" perrow="3">
+
Image:Pg1.jpg|page 1
+
Image:Pg2.jpg|page 2
+
Image:PG3.jpg|page 3
+
</gallery>
+
  
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 15:57, January 11, 2008 (EST)
 
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 11:54, 18 March 2015

The Colonial Theater was located on Essex Street. In the 1950's it changed its name to Andover Playhouse and was once the home of the Andover Senior Center.

It functioned as a movie theater. Movies could not be shown on Sundays until 1933.

It was razed for the parking lot behind the Memorial Hall Library in 1985.

Andover Playhouse / parking lot behind the Library

See


back to Main Page