Difference between pages "Andover Business - Salon Marc Harris" and "Colonial Theater"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
As of 2005, Salon Marc Harris had two locations in Massachusetts: one on Newbury Street in Boston and one at 34 Park Street in Andover.  The salons are owned and operated by Marc Harris and in 2005, he changed the name of the salons from Ecocentrix Salon to Salon Marc Harris.  That year, he also released a line of shampoos, conditioners and other styling products.
+
The Colonial Theater was located on Essex Street. In the 1950's it changed its name to Andover Playhouse and was once the home of the Andover Senior Center.  
  
The Andover location closed in early 2010 because Harris decided not to renew the lease for that location. As of 2010, there are 3 Boston locations.
+
It functioned as a movie theater.  Movies could not be shown on Sundays until 1933.
 +
 
 +
It was razed for the parking lot behind the Memorial Hall Library in 1985.
 +
 
 +
[[File:andoverplayhouse.jpg|200px|thumb|left|Andover Playhouse / parking lot behind the Library]]
  
 
See
 
See
*"Now, Salon Marc Harris", ''The Andover Townsman'', February 3, 2005.
+
*[http://andover.mvlc.org/eg/opac/record/487303?query=andover%20century%20of%20change;qtype=keyword;fi%3Asearch_format=;locg=5 Andover: A Century of Change, 1896-1996],  by Eleanor Motley Richardson, 974.45 Ric, page 138
*[http://www.salonmarcharris.com/ Salon Marc Harris website]
+
  
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
--[[User:Jen|Jen]] 12:12, September 16, 2010 (EST)
 
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 11:54, 18 March 2015

The Colonial Theater was located on Essex Street. In the 1950's it changed its name to Andover Playhouse and was once the home of the Andover Senior Center.

It functioned as a movie theater. Movies could not be shown on Sundays until 1933.

It was razed for the parking lot behind the Memorial Hall Library in 1985.

Andover Playhouse / parking lot behind the Library

See


back to Main Page