Difference between pages "File:81px-School1.jpg" and "Colonial Theater"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Importing image file)
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Importing image file
+
The Colonial Theater was located on Essex Street. In the 1950's it changed its name to Andover Playhouse and was once the home of the Andover Senior Center.
 +
 
 +
It functioned as a movie theater.  Movies could not be shown on Sundays until 1933.
 +
 
 +
It was razed for the parking lot behind the Memorial Hall Library in 1985.
 +
 
 +
[[File:andoverplayhouse.jpg|200px|thumb|left|Andover Playhouse / parking lot behind the Library]]
 +
 
 +
See
 +
*[http://andover.mvlc.org/eg/opac/record/487303?query=andover%20century%20of%20change;qtype=keyword;fi%3Asearch_format=;locg=5 Andover: A Century of Change, 1896-1996],  by Eleanor Motley Richardson, 974.45 Ric, page 138
 +
 
 +
<br style="clear:both;" />
 +
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 +
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 11:54, 18 March 2015

The Colonial Theater was located on Essex Street. In the 1950's it changed its name to Andover Playhouse and was once the home of the Andover Senior Center.

It functioned as a movie theater. Movies could not be shown on Sundays until 1933.

It was razed for the parking lot behind the Memorial Hall Library in 1985.

Andover Playhouse / parking lot behind the Library

See


back to Main Page

File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current16:34, 16 February 2015Thumbnail for version as of 16:34, 16 February 201581 × 120 (4 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file
  • You cannot overwrite this file.

There are no pages that link to this file.

Metadata