Difference between revisions of "Colonial Theater"

From Andover Answers
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
The Colonial Theater was located on Essex Street. In the 1950's it changed its name to Andover Playhouse and was once the home of the Andover Senior Center. It was razed for the parking lot behind the Memorial Hall Library.
+
The Colonial Theater was located on Essex Street. In the 1950's it changed its name to Andover Playhouse and was once the home of the Andover Senior Center.  
 +
 
 +
It functioned as a movie theater.  Movies could not be shown on Sundays until 1933.
 +
 
 +
It was razed for the parking lot behind the Memorial Hall Library in 1985.
  
 
[[File:andoverplayhouse.jpg|200px|thumb|left|Andover Playhouse / parking lot behind the Library]]
 
[[File:andoverplayhouse.jpg|200px|thumb|left|Andover Playhouse / parking lot behind the Library]]
 +
 +
See
 +
*[http://andover.mvlc.org/eg/opac/record/487303?query=andover%20century%20of%20change;qtype=keyword;fi%3Asearch_format=;locg=5 Andover: A Century of Change, 1896-1996],  by Eleanor Motley Richardson, 974.45 Ric, page 138
  
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 11:54, 18 March 2015

The Colonial Theater was located on Essex Street. In the 1950's it changed its name to Andover Playhouse and was once the home of the Andover Senior Center.

It functioned as a movie theater. Movies could not be shown on Sundays until 1933.

It was razed for the parking lot behind the Memorial Hall Library in 1985.

Andover Playhouse / parking lot behind the Library

See


back to Main Page