Difference between pages "Andover Business - Salon Marc Harris" and "Telephone"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
As of 2005, Salon Marc Harris had two locations in Massachusetts: one on Newbury Street in Boston and one at 34 Park Street in Andover.  The salons are owned and operated by Marc Harris and in 2005, he changed the name of the salons from Ecocentrix Salon to Salon Marc Harris.  That year, he also released a line of shampoos, conditioners and other styling products.
+
In the late 1880's Moses Stevens connected the Marland Mills - one in Andover, one in Haverhill, and one in North Andover - by telephoneThis was the first telephone in Andover. Moses Stevens had bought Marland Mills from Abraham Marland in 1879.
  
The Andover location closed in early 2010 because Harris decided not to renew the lease for that locationAs of 2010, there are 3 Boston locations.
+
In the 1958 dial telephones came to Andover.  The first exchange was Greenleaf (475).  Andover originally had a 617 area codeIt was first changed to 508 and finally to 978 in 1977.
  
See
 
*"Now, Salon Marc Harris", ''The Andover Townsman'', February 3, 2005.
 
*[http://www.salonmarcharris.com/ Salon Marc Harris website]
 
  
 +
See
 +
* [http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=103693&t=historical%20sketches%20of%20andover&tp=title&d=0&hc=7&rt=title ''Historical Sketches of Andover''] by Sarah Loring Bailey, (974.45 Bai), p.590
 +
* [http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=487303&t=andover%20a%20century%20of%20change&tp=keyword&d=0&hc=2&rt=keyword''Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996''] by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric), pages 84 and 147.
 +
* "Area Code Changing Again", ''The Townsman'', July 24, 1997.
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
  
--[[User:Jen|Jen]] 12:12, September 16, 2010 (EST)
+
 
 +
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 16:27, November 17, 2009 (EST)\
 +
 
 +
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] ([[User talk:Eleanor|talk]]) 13:41, 22 October 2015 (EDT)
 +
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 12:41, 22 October 2015

In the late 1880's Moses Stevens connected the Marland Mills - one in Andover, one in Haverhill, and one in North Andover - by telephone. This was the first telephone in Andover. Moses Stevens had bought Marland Mills from Abraham Marland in 1879.

In the 1958 dial telephones came to Andover. The first exchange was Greenleaf (475). Andover originally had a 617 area code. It was first changed to 508 and finally to 978 in 1977.


See



--Eleanor 16:27, November 17, 2009 (EST)\

--Eleanor (talk) 13:41, 22 October 2015 (EDT) back to Main Page