Difference between pages "Ristuccia, Michael" and "Telephone"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Andover resident and builder Mike Ristuccia has moved and renovated many historic houses in townHis work includes the 2002 move of the Captain Stephen Abbott House from 45 Ballardvale Road to 373 South Main Street and the 2004 move of the historic house on 221 Main Street to 352 Main Street.
+
In the late 1880's Moses Stevens connected the Marland Mills - one in Andover, one in Haverhill, and one in North Andover - by telephoneThis was the first telephone in Andover. Moses Stevens had bought Marland Mills from Abraham Marland in 1879.
  
[[Image:352_and_373_South_Main_Street.jpg|thumb|...''352 South Main Street and 373 South Main Street''.... click to enlarge|left]]
+
In the 1958 dial telephones came to Andover. The first exchange was Greenleaf (475). Andover originally had a 617 area code. It was first changed to 508 and finally to 978 in 1977.
 
+
<br style="clear:both;" />
+
  
  
 
See
 
See
 +
* [http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=103693&t=historical%20sketches%20of%20andover&tp=title&d=0&hc=7&rt=title ''Historical Sketches of Andover''] by Sarah Loring Bailey, (974.45 Bai), p.590
 +
* [http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=487303&t=andover%20a%20century%20of%20change&tp=keyword&d=0&hc=2&rt=keyword''Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996''] by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric), pages 84 and 147.
 +
* "Area Code Changing Again", ''The Townsman'', July 24, 1997.
 +
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
* "Preserving historic structures: Craftsman receives permission to relocate second home", ''Eagle Tribune'', July 29, 2004.
 
* "Restoring historic homes, sometimes brick by brick, remain's resident's passion", ''Andover Townsman'', September 16, 2004.
 
* "Oldest home in town hits the market", ''Andover Townsman'', February 2, 2006.
 
  
  
<br style="clear:both;" />
+
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 16:27, November 17, 2009 (EST)\
  
--[[User:Kim|Kim]] 09:48, November 30, 2011 (EST)
+
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] ([[User talk:Eleanor|talk]]) 13:41, 22 October 2015 (EDT)
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 13:41, 22 October 2015

In the late 1880's Moses Stevens connected the Marland Mills - one in Andover, one in Haverhill, and one in North Andover - by telephone. This was the first telephone in Andover. Moses Stevens had bought Marland Mills from Abraham Marland in 1879.

In the 1958 dial telephones came to Andover. The first exchange was Greenleaf (475). Andover originally had a 617 area code. It was first changed to 508 and finally to 978 in 1977.


See



--Eleanor 16:27, November 17, 2009 (EST)\

--Eleanor (talk) 13:41, 22 October 2015 (EDT) back to Main Page