From Andover Answers
Revision as of 12:41, 22 October 2015 by Eleanor (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

In the late 1880's Moses Stevens connected the Marland Mills - one in Andover, one in Haverhill, and one in North Andover - by telephone. This was the first telephone in Andover. Moses Stevens had bought Marland Mills from Abraham Marland in 1879.

In the 1958 dial telephones came to Andover. The first exchange was Greenleaf (475). Andover originally had a 617 area code. It was first changed to 508 and finally to 978 in 1977.


--Eleanor 16:27, November 17, 2009 (EST)\

--Eleanor (talk) 13:41, 22 October 2015 (EDT) back to Main Page