Difference between pages "Addison Gallery of American Art" and "Andover By-Pass"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Built in 1931 on the campus of Phillips Academy, the Addison Gallery of American Art was the first gallery devoted entirely to American Art. The museum owns approximately 1500 paintings. In 2007, plans are underway to increase the size of the gallery by 60%. More museum space, storage and a library will be added from part of a $5 million donation by former student Thomas Israel.
 
  
 +
The Andover-By-Pass (Route 125) was constructed to reduce traffic on the Phillips campus. Academy trustees under the leadership of Alum Thomas Cochran bought the land and the state constructed the road, which opened in 1931.
 +
 +
Cochran 
 +
Cochran Wild Life Sanctuary
 
See
 
See
 +
* "History of the Andover By-Pass (Route 125)"''Townsman'', September 17, 2015, page 11
 +
<br style="clear:both;" />
 +
 +
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] ([[User talk:Eleanor|talk]]) 13:41, 12 February 2016 (EST)
  
*"Celebrating the Andovers: Addison exhibit shows how two towns influenced American artists," ''Eagle Tribune'', November 3, 1995, page 13.
 
*''$5 Million to Boost Phillips, Addison"  ''Andover Townsman'', February 8, 2007, page 1+.
 
*"No longer a lady in waiting", ''The Andover Townsman'', January 14, 2010.
 
*"Chihuly 'Floats' join Addison's new roof", ''The Andover Townsman'', August 12, 2010.
 
*"Addison reopening awaited", ''The Andover Townsman'', August 12, 2010.
 
*"Addison no longer a still life", ''The Andover Townsman'', September 2, 2010.
 
*"Town gem reset", The Andover Townsman'', September 9, 2010.
 
*"Addison reopening party this Saturday", ''The Andover Townsman'', September 23, 2010.
 
*Addison Gallery is Back in Swing at Age 80. ''Andover Townsman'' October 13, 2011, p.10.
 
  
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
--[[User:Glenda|Glenda]] 14:31, February 9, 2007 (EST)<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
+
<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
  
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 14:46, 12 February 2016

The Andover-By-Pass (Route 125) was constructed to reduce traffic on the Phillips campus. Academy trustees under the leadership of Alum Thomas Cochran bought the land and the state constructed the road, which opened in 1931.

Cochran Cochran Wild Life Sanctuary See

  • "History of the Andover By-Pass (Route 125)"Townsman, September 17, 2015, page 11


--Eleanor (talk) 13:41, 12 February 2016 (EST)




back to Main Page