Difference between pages "Andover Church - Free Christian Church" and "Andover By-Pass"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The Free Christian Church was founded on May 7, 1846, by ink factory owner William Donald. It was formed by Andover residents who did not feel members of other churches in Andover were making a strong stand against slavery. Free Christian obtained the Elm Street property in 1903. 
 
 
Rev. Jack L. Daniel was pastor of the Free Christian Church for 35 years, from 1977 to June, 2012.  In 1977, the church had 75 members.  In 2012, the church had 1,200 members.
 
  
 +
The Andover-By-Pass (Route 125) was constructed to reduce traffic on the Phillips campus. Academy trustees under the leadership of Alum Thomas Cochran bought the land and the state constructed the road, which opened in 1931.
  
 +
Cochran 
 +
Cochran Wild Life Sanctuary
 
See
 
See
 +
* "History of the Andover By-Pass (Route 125)"''Townsman'', September 17, 2015, page 11
 +
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
*"Andover church unveils addition," ''Eagle Tribune'', November 19, 2001, p. 1.
+
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] ([[User talk:Eleanor|talk]]) 13:41, 12 February 2016 (EST)
*"Dedicated to the Lord: New $1.7 million addition," ''Andover Townsman'', November 21, 2001, p. 10.
+
*"Underground" ''The Townsman'', July 17,02003, page 11.
+
*"Exodus, of sorts: Free Christian severs final UCC ties," ''Andover Townsman'', October 7, 2004, p. 1.
+
*"Pastor of Free Christian Church changing course," ''Andover Townsman'', April 19, 2012, p. 10.
+
*"Assistant pastor now heads Free Christian Church, Andover," ''Eagle Tribune'', August 4, 2012, p. 5.
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
For a complete list of Andover Churches see [http://www.mhl.org/andover/churches.htm Houses of Worship in Andover]
+
  
  
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
--[[User:Kim|Kim]] 13:22, May 24, 2013 (EDT)<!-- insert signature here, if desired --><br>
+
<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] ([[User talk:Eleanor|talk]]) 13:52, 26 March 2015 (EDT)<br><br>
+
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] ([[User talk:Eleanor|talk]]) 15:39, 18 December 2015 (EST)
+
  
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 13:46, 12 February 2016

The Andover-By-Pass (Route 125) was constructed to reduce traffic on the Phillips campus. Academy trustees under the leadership of Alum Thomas Cochran bought the land and the state constructed the road, which opened in 1931.

Cochran Cochran Wild Life Sanctuary See

  • "History of the Andover By-Pass (Route 125)"Townsman, September 17, 2015, page 11


--Eleanor (talk) 13:41, 12 February 2016 (EST)




back to Main Page